cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro 100: horizontal lines on prints but not on nozzle check

juliewhiz
Apprentice

Hello,

I have a Canon Pixma Pro 100 printer. Recently, white horizontal lines have appeared on my prints. closeup.jpeg

I ran the nozzle check and there were no lines in any of the colors. Regardless of that, I ran all the cleaning functions through the computer. I also manually cleaned the printer head with water, isopropyl alcohol, and ammonia (and various combinations of those three). The lines still appear on the prints. The lines appear on all photos.

Nothing has changed since the last time I successfully printed photos. I print through Print Studio Pro through Digital Photo Professional 4. I print using the Standard print quality (and always have so that is not the issue). I print on Canon Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss. 

Is it time for a new printer head? I am willing to purchase one, but don't want to if there could be another reason for the lines.

Thank you for your reading my post and your help.

Julie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, I am sorry you are having the same issue. I never got a response from this community so I bought a new printer head. That solved the problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jessb213
Apprentice

This is happening to me now too. I've run all the cleanings and print nozzle check, changed all ink cartridges and no improvement. Did you ever fix it and if so, how?

Hi,

You can try removing and reinstalling the printer driver and software for your printer. Please click HERE to open the support page for the PRO-100. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi, I am sorry you are having the same issue. I never got a response from this community so I bought a new printer head. That solved the problem.

Announcements