cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma-Pro 100 blurry printing on the edge

suasocola
Contributor

Hello!

I print stickers at home and while this had not always been an issue, it has become a recurring one. I use the weatherproof matte for inket paper (OL177WJ from online labels) and print 2 sticker sheets to a page. However, near the end of the printing, the printer starts making sounds and the edge always comes out slightly blurry. This leaves me with one good sticker sheet and one not so good evrrytime 🥲

I played around with settings and perform maintenance cycles frequently, so I’m at a loss as to what else I can do. Here are the settings and maintenance checks I do:

- media type: glossy photo paper a 

- print quality: standard

- custom settings: prevent paper abrasion 

- custom settings: ink drying time long

- custom settings: detect paper width

- cleaning, bottom plate cleaning, and roller cleaning cycles are common, printhead alignment and nozzle check every once in a while

Any help would be greatly appreciated 🙏🏻 Thank you!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Arthur,

Thanks for the reply! In my case, it was my paper. The edges were slightly curled and would jam a bit whenever it was fed through the printer. To solve this, I straightened it with some books and the print job was smooth. Wanted to leave this answer in case anyone else encounters this issue as well!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Please click HERE for steps to clean the encoder strip inside your printer. Once that is done, please try to print again. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Arthur,

Thanks for the reply! In my case, it was my paper. The edges were slightly curled and would jam a bit whenever it was fed through the printer. To solve this, I straightened it with some books and the print job was smooth. Wanted to leave this answer in case anyone else encounters this issue as well!

Announcements