cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro-10 print head problem

rjfortin
Apprentice

Hi! I expect my question has been answered somewhere, but I am new to the board.  Hope you will indulge me.  I have a Pixma Pro-10 that I acquired from someone who did not use it for 4 years.  6 of the 10 printer heads were clogged completely and others partially.  I was able to clean 9 of the 10 heads.  72R is still not firing.  When I run a deep cleaning the R72 cartridge depletes as expected but the head still does not print.  Is it possible something other than a clog is the problem? 

RJ

5 REPLIES 5

dtjoyce
Apprentice

I have a similar issue with the PBK.  Not printing but the ink is going somewhere.  

Hi! I was able to fix my printer with a simple solution.  The printhead disassembles easily.  I used distilled water, a small basin and a spoon. It took about 2 1/2 hours but I got the printhead completely clean.  I don't know if we are allowed to put links in this forum but if you type into Google "Pixma Pro 10 printhead clogged" look for a YouTube video by Tom's Computer Tips you will see a video of how to Safely clean the printhead.  My printer works awesome now! Follow the directions implicitly as failure to do so could fry the printhead.

Please elaborate on how it could “fry” the printhead. Thanks!

The video maintained that getting the circuit board wet could damage the print head if it was still damp when the print head is re-nstalled.  My apologies for being vague on that point.  After cleaning the print head I allowed the unit to dry out for a few hours out of the abundance of caution.

Thanks very much for your information. I thought that it might be a potential electrical problem. It looks like a good procedure which I try out soon. 

Announcements