cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA iP8720 icc profiles for Lightroom

Obisma
Apprentice

Hello, I'm new and I'm having a problem with my PIXMA iP8720.I purchased a sample pack from Hahnemühle and I realized that I needed to have an ICC profile I was wondering if there is a video where I can learn to make my own or maybe there is an ICC profile and i can't find it?

I'm lost any help would be much  appreciated

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

robert2001b
Apprentice

model.
If you’re unable to find a pre-made profile for your specific paper type, creating one might be the best option. It involves using a colorimeter to measure color responses and creating a profile that ensures accurate color reproduction for your printer-paper-ink combination. Remember, the process can be a bit technical, so following a detailed tutorial or seeking assistance from someone experienced might be beneficial.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Making your own ICC profiles requires special equipment. You can find services on line that will make them for you for not a lot of money.

Frequently very good results can be obtained by selecting a Canon profile for a similar paper. You could download profiles for the Pro-100 (a similar dye ink printer you yours) and see what canon settings are recommended for the Hahnemuehle papers and try that.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements