cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA PRO-200 Newbie wants to learn

AnnWFoxPoint
Contributor

I recently purchased a Canon Pixma Pro 200 which I want to use to print photos.  I have Adobe Lightroom CC v6.1 which I use on my iMac and I have Lightroom apps on my iPad.  I want to learn how to use my printer and am at a loss where to begin.  Can someone recommend resource for getting started with this printer?

4 REPLIES 4

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Thats a pretty tall order. Can you print from Lightroom?

AnnWFoxPoint
Contributor

Thank you!  I can not print from Lightroom, at least not from my iMac where I am using Lightroom CC (Creative Cloud), it doesn't have a print module.  I haven't tried to print from the Lightroom modules on my iPad.  And, yes, this is a tall order: I can't figure out where to start. 

What I want to do right now is print 5x7 folding cards with edge-to-edge photos.  I can get the edge-to-edge print and everything is size appropriately but the color is off.  I understand that there is a difference between how the computer and apps think about color and how printers do but I don't know how to work with that.  Each app that I can print from has different switches and settings that I can manipulate, as does the printer itself.  I've heard of ICC's but there doesn't seem to be one for Lightroom CC. 

I have some experience working with computer technology so I can understand the concepts but I am out-of-date and not sure where to start with all this.  The camera shop in my city has photography classes but not printing classes.  Same for the art school.

Lightroom CC is an obsolete naming convention (and an older version of the program that is now called Lightroom).

Lightroom cloud version (different from Lightroom Classic) is meant for digital sharing between users and devices. It is not for production of prints.

One option would be to output a finished file from Lightroom and try using Apple Preview. For more control you could use the for-pay printing software called Qimage 1.

If you are not yet heavily invested in the cloud storage workflow you could switch to Lightroom Classic.

A good resource for everything Lightroom is the Lightroom Queen website.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you, that's very helpful.   

Announcements