cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA PRO-200 Error in PPL "Check printer operation or remote UI"

Marv
Apprentice

Hi all,

I am having issue printing with my Pixma Pro-200.  I am now getting an error message on the "Professional Print & Layout Job Manager" that says "ERROR- Please check the printers operation or the remote UI". 

I have tried uninstalling the printer and all software from my MAC and reinsttalling but to no luck. 

The printer is listed on settings under printers and says that it is idle, ready to be used. I was able to print a test page. 

I am trying to print a photo from the "Professional Print & Layout" software and that seems to be the issue.

any adivse? 

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum.

This may not be your problem, but frequently when folks haave Canon printer proms on a Mac it is because when they added the printer they wound up with the AirPrint version of the printer.When the Add Printer "+" icon is selected the first item that appears is the AirPrint version of the printer.

Check in the Printers&Scanners option and see if your printer is labeled "IJ Series". If not, select Add again and wait for the IJ Series to appear; it could take several minutes.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I have the same problem. I deleted the printer labeled AirPrint and reinstalled. However, there are no choices for IJ or AirPrint in Sonoma 14.0. Canon Easy Pro Print Editor works fine, but it has fewer options. Any suggestions are most welcome. Thank you. 

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Are you using the Apple AirPrint driver inadvertently?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I haven't a clue, John. How do I find out? The computer is brand new and I just copied everything from the old one. Professional Print & etc. didn't work on the old one either. 

Announcements