cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA PRO-100 13" x 19" print set-up

boxerRT
Contributor

This is my first time trying to make 13x19 prints. It looks as though all of my settings are correct but the top of the print image is cropped into the chimney pipes. Can you help?

Screen Shot 2023-04-13 at 10.02.25 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Screenshot 2023-04-14 090701.jpgScreenshot 2023-04-14 090740.jpgIt looks like you are using a third party paper with a custom ICC profile. What media type did the paper vendor tell you to select? It looks like you either have selected A3+(30mm) media type or are manually selecting a 1.18 inch border top and bottom. (1.18*25.4 = 30mm).

If your paper isn't a heavy fine art paper select A3+ media type and set the margin 0.5 inches all around. That will give you a 12x18 inch print area and let you print a full size digital image without cropping.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

SamanthaW

Hi!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know the operating system on your computer along with any other info you think might help the Community help you.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, please check out your other support options here.

Thanks! 

Thanks for your willingness to help. I have a 27 inch iMac running macOSMonterey. I'm using Capture One 22 and printing through the same. I'll add this to my original post.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome. What is the aspect ratio of your image? The setting in the printer dialogue is set to prioritize cell size which you have set to 12.6x18. If the image aspect ratio is different the image will be cropped when printing. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Hello John. Thanks so much for your willingness to help. I have a 27 inch iMac running macOSMonterey. I'm using Capture One 22 and printing through the same.

I have changed from Prioritize Cell size to Prioritize Spacing and have created a custom 13x19 template which now gives me a cell height of 16.7x12.7. I think this is creating the crop that is problematic. Perhaps the new screen grab will help to diagnose the issue. You can see the gray cell ratio and the crop I'd be getting in the print.  Thanks again for your expertise.--Bruce

Screen Shot 2023-04-14 at 8.49.56 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-04-14 090701.jpgScreenshot 2023-04-14 090740.jpgIt looks like you are using a third party paper with a custom ICC profile. What media type did the paper vendor tell you to select? It looks like you either have selected A3+(30mm) media type or are manually selecting a 1.18 inch border top and bottom. (1.18*25.4 = 30mm).

If your paper isn't a heavy fine art paper select A3+ media type and set the margin 0.5 inches all around. That will give you a 12x18 inch print area and let you print a full size digital image without cropping.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Yes, it's Red River Ultra Pro satin.  I've had great success with this paper as have thousands of others.  I originally used it with an Epson R3000 and the prints were beautiful and I've used the paper to make 5x7, 8x10, 11x14 prints with no problem through the Pro-100. Why I've had problems with the 13x19 format I don't know.

Update: I switched to A3+ (I couldn't see it before now) and can now control the aspect ratio of my print. Thank you! It was causing me some distress.  I have a show coming up I a month and I've been wrestling with this for a few days. Your equation (1.18*25.4 = 30mm) spoke volumes about the issue and I feel I can go on. I have an issue with color now but I think I can resolve that.

Your prompt response and knowledge has been incredibly helpful.  Best to you.--Bruce

Glad it’s working out. I have printed with a Pro-100 for about 10 years. Only use Canon OEM ink. Many papers, including RR. 

Be aware of double profiling and you should get excellent results. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

boxerRT
Contributor

I have a 27 inch iMac running macOSMonterey. I'm using Capture One 22 and printing through the same.

Hi. Thanks for that info. I don’t use C1, but that’s not key. What is the aspect ratio of your cropped print. The “prioritize cell size” option sounds like “zoom to fill” in Lightroom, where the image is expanded in width and height until the cell is filled. Portions of the image can be lost when that occurs. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements