cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matte Black Ink levels on Prograf Pro-300

Jprebla
Contributor

Hi,

I've been enjoying my new Prograf Pro-300. I've been printing almost exclusively on matte paper for two weeks, using the Matte setting on the printer display, as well as the PRO-300 Photo Paper Pro Premium Matte A paper profile in Photoshop. However, my MBK ink level has not gone down at all, and the PBK and GY are nearly out. Is this correct?

Also, will the printer stop printing when the ink cartridge is out (red circle/white X)? Should I replace the cartridge right when I see this or can it continue?

Thanks,

Jason

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for this useful information!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

That is correct because Matte Black is used more on fine art paper compared to Matte photo paper. Fine art paper ( fine art smooth/fine art rough)would need to be selected when printing for that ink to be used more. 

When the ink gets low enough, you will get a low ink warning advising you to change the cartridge. It will print until its empty but this could result in bad prints and also possibly damage the print head. I would recommend replacing the ink before the ink becomes completely empty. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for this useful information!

Announcements