cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my PRO-300 dead? - Won't print after being boxed up for 9 months

mrswitters
Contributor

We recently moved to a different state. Because of this, and a bunch of other life events, my PRO-300 stayed in a box for 9 months and I didn't make a single print during that time. I finally just took it out and tried to print. It looks and sounds like it's printing but only blank sheets come out. I tried a nozzle check, nothing but a blank sheet. I tried a deep print head cleaning and it gave me an error halfway through and told me to turn it off and on again or contact a service center.

Anything else I can do before contacting Canon?

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

9 months with no activity.  The inks could be dried or clogged.  The printhead could be clogged.  I'd remove the inks and inspect them closely.  The problem is likely with the printhead.  

See these 3 articles.  They are all similar (almost identical)

Canon : imagePROGRAF Manuals : PRO-300 series : Cleaning the Print Heads

Canon Knowledge Base - Clean or Deeply Clean the Print Head - PRO-300

Canon Knowledge Base - Clean or Deeply Clean the Print Head (Windows) - PRO-300

Search Youtube for Jose Rodriquez.  He's a wise man when it comes to Canon Pro printers,  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I spent an hour on the phone with Canon yesterday. The printer is indeed dead. I got a new one through the upgrade program. Live and learn! If we move again, I'll plug it in and set it up at the new place ASAP and make a print or two each week just to keep it alive. 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Glad there was a somewhat happy ending.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Me too. I really like this printer!

Announcements