cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Images on Pro-300 look different printed from LR and Print/Layout plugin

tdominey
Contributor

A little confused because I printed a couple of test prints using the Canon Professional Print and Layout plugin, and the "Print" section of Lightroom Classic. Both are using the same ICC profile for the paper I'm printing on (Canon Pro Luster). The LR print is noticeably more saturated (not in a good way) compared to the Print and Layout print.

LR has a message to turn off color management in the print dialogue, but I don't see that as an option. In the past I've seen "ColorSync / Canon Color Matching" as an option, but it's no longer there.

Anyone with experience know what's going on?

6 REPLIES 6

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Sounds like you are using a Mac.

Go to System Settings (or System Preferences). Select "Printers & Scanners". Do you see the IJ Series version of the Pro-300 or the AirPrint version?

If you don't see the IJ Series version re-add the printer and wait for that driver to appear. LrC should automatically select "ColrSynce" and the two options should be grayed out.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I see AirPrint when I view the Pro 300 information. I fired up the IJ Network utility but the Pro 300 never appears. The tool is working because it sees a Canon Pro 10 (which I also own). Guess I’ll look and see if there’s a new version…?

Oh and yes, Mac. In general, Color Sync should be selected and used, not Canon Color Matching? They behave really strange for me, where both are grayed out and disabled but changing other settings in the same window swaps which one is enabled.

You want to go to the Printers  & Scanners tab and select the “+” icon to add a printer. Wait for the Pro-300 IJ Series printer to appear. It could take a few minutes. The Canon PP&L is smart enough to find the driver. Other apps aren’t because it hasn’t been added to the system. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I tried leaving the IJ Network Tool open for a few minutes, and it never found the Pro-300. I'm not sure the utility is compatible with the Pro-300, for it's not listed on Canon's Pro-300 download page.

However...I do believe I solved the AirPrint problem. When adding the Pro-300, macOS automatically selects "Canon PRO-300 series" as the software. This creates the AirPrint version. However if you toggle open the Software dropdown, select "Canon PRO-300 series" from the list, THIS adds the Canon driver. Here's what I now see, which I believe to be correct.

Screenshot 2023-01-16 at 7.56.21 AM.png

It's confusing, for you see "Canon PRO-300 series" when automatically or manually selecting Software, but the latter loads Canon's driver, not Apple's.

The 24.30.0.0 is the driver you want. I suggest you just delete the AirPrint version by selecting it and then selecting Remove Printer.

Now your color management should be correct.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks so much John! Hope this thread is helpful to others. TLDR, make sure your printer is using Canon's latest driver!

Announcements