cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICC Profile won't register on Canon Prograf300

WarrenSmiles
Apprentice

Hello!

I have a prograf 300 and have the following issue.

I am trying to print on a 8.5 x 11 sheet of Canson Rag Photographique 300gsm.
When I place the paper in the manual tray the LED screen gives me the option to register the paper. Problem is that it won't let me register it. I choose "Letter" and "cifa_RagPhoto 310" but when I try to register the size/profile it simply goes back to the settings it was on. Even the size "Letter" won't stick.

I then started over and tried to change only the size (not the profile). That worked. So now I have the right size but the wrong paper. It now says "Letter" and "Pro Luster".

Having said that, I keep trying to reinsert the paper in the manual tray. Every time I do I see "cifa_RagPhoto 310" appear on the screen. So I hit "Register" and it goes back to "Pro Luster".

FYI, the top tray is closed. Another thing is that when I choose "Get Information" in Professional Print & Layout it says "Top Feed, Media Type: Photo Paper Pro Luster. So the printer still thinks I am using the top feed.

I am beside myself trying to get the icc profile to stick. Any insights?

Thanks in advance,

Warren

EDIT: I can now get it to register "cifa_RagPhoto 240" and other 310gsm profiles, but not "cifa_RagPhoto 310" profile.

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

For my Pro-100 I cannot use "Letter" for fine art papers. I need to select "Letter (30 margin)" because of the printer imposed margin. Perhaps this also applies to your printer.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks John,

I may need to try your solution yet.

Here is an added twist. See if you can follow me.
- If I bring up the different profiles on the printer screen and then put the paper in, the option for my paper appears. It appears with "Det. paper mismatch option" available.

- I then try to register it. When I click OK it doesn't register it but instead brings up the menu of profiles. I then choose the profile again. Then time it the "Det. paper mismatch is not available but I can register the paper.

- Interesting thing is that when I "Get Information" from the printer from Professional Print & Layout it now says the right paper but still says top feed. It says top feed even though I have it in the rear feed.

- So then I try to print and the printer says to put paper in the feed even though it is already there. But if I ignore that and print it starts to print. I cancelled it though as I was ready to print. So I think I figured a strange work around.

Next couple of days I will do an actual print and see what happens.

Announcements