cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pro 300 colors are coming out dull/not saturated

bchmura
Contributor

I recently upgraded my Pixma iP8720 to the Pro 300. I was excited about the reviews that I read about better color accuracy and the ability to print on both Canon and Hanhemuele papers with the appropriate ICCs.

After some issues getting the driver set up correctly (had to call Customer Care to get help with it), I was able to select the ICC based on the paper I was using. In this case, I am focusing on Canon Paper Pro Premium Matte 13 x19 for full color art prints. My art has many halftones and textural TIFFS layers.

I've done the following:

1. Selected Photoshop to manage the colors

2. Selected the correct ICC as instructed by Canon

And when doing this the colors come out desaturated in comparison to the Pixma printer which I have prints from that printer to match to since I've already been selling them and want to match as best as possible.

I've exprimented with other ICCs including Fine Art Paper Smooth.

Nothing seems to work. And when selecting Photoshop to manage colors, I lose the option in Color Options to adjust like I used to be able to do with Pixma.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm preparing for an art event this weekend and need to reprint in time for it.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Download  Canon Professional Print & Layout and try that. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks for the suggestion.

Downloaded it. tried a few ICC profiles including the recommended option for the paper. Even adjusted the color settings and it prints the exact same as when I print through Photoshop. I'm so confused why a printer that has the ability to print color and dimension better than my Pixma is printing so dull and I'm following/adjusting as needed.

Register your product on the Canon support site and request Canon support. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Already registered and I'll reach out to them.

Thanks!

Announcements