cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pro-200 - Support 7700

scottwardwell
Apprentice

In the middle of preparing for an art show this next weekend and was trying to print some 36" long panoramics.

About a 1/3rd of the way with the print, it quit.  I had to remove the paper manually.  Red River Baryta Fiber ruined. 

Retried.  Same result.  Support Code 7700 on printer screen.  Told me to stop the print job.  Disconnect the power and seek a repair service.  I cannot locate a "Service repair facility" on the CanonUSA website.

In fact I found something that said that if my printer is out-of-warranty; I am screwed.  Bought this new at Best Buy October 9, 2021.  Apparently my machine may not even qualify for an exchange.

I cannot get the printer to reboot. It is locked-out.  

I had printed successfully an hour before.

If this is the caliber of Canon's customer service and design acumen: then I WILL NOT be considering a Pro-1000; as I needed to print 17" paper. Just opened my 5th carton of CLI-65 ink today.

Just what are my options at this point?

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

The 7700 error can appear when there are damaged contacts on a print head. Since the printer is out of it's factory 1 year warranty, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade Program. 

This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. It allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase. 

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements