cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pro 100 super saturated macOS Mojave

Roger300
Apprentice

I upgraded from Mac Mojave to Monterey.  My Canon Pro 100 printer head went bad.  Bought a used one like new from my neighbor, he hardly used it.  My prints are coming out super saturated.  I've checked to make sure only 1 profile is selected and the right paper.  Canon Semi-gloss.  Whether I choose Printer manages or Lightroom or Photoshop manages I get super saturated prints.  I have done simple cleaning and deep cleaning.  Ink is good.  Very frustrated.  Took the same file to friends Pro 300 and it printed great. Right photo is how it used to print, left is what I get now no matter which profile or setting I choose. IMG_3740 copy.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Download the latest macOS driver for the Pro-100.

Canon Support for PIXMA PRO-100 | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I have already done that.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Did you run a nozzle check after the cleaning?

If so, and it looks good, register your product on the Canon support site and contact Canon for assistance. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Yes, the nozzle check looks good.  I found a couple of youtube videos from folks who have had similar issues.  They say Apple, Adobe, Canon all say the computer is using two printer profiles instead of one even though only one is chosen.  They say they can’t do anything about it.  I reset my printers in System Preferences and it is better now, but not like it used to be.  I also found so older Canon Pro 100 paper profiles and I’m getting closer to acceptable prints.

Announcements