cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma PRO-100 Not Printing Correct Size

abdinoodle
Apprentice

Hi there,

I'm running into a problem where my Canon Pixma PRO-100 printer is printing images as a different size than their set ratio within Photoshop. Hoping someone can help - I've included some more details below.

I'm using a 2022 MacBook Air to print an 8x10" image on 8.5x11" Canon Pro Luster paper in Photoshop via my Canon IJ Network and the size is printing incorrectly. I have the most updated printer driver, version of Photoshop, and computer software. I've reinstalled the driver and also have tried printing the image as a PDF instead of printing it through photoshop and the size is still printing incorrectly.

Instead of printing as an 8x10", the image prints to 8 1/16 x 10 1/8" or as 7 x 8 3/4". This issue also occurs when trying to print a 4x5 image, which prints as 3.5 x 4 3/8". For the image I'm trying to print as a 4x5, I'm printing on 4x5 paper. The ratio is set to either 8x10 or 4x5 in Photoshop, yet the image is not printing to scale for some reason.

The printer is set to the following settings:

• Color Management
    • Color Handling: Photoshop Manages Colors
    • Printer Profile: Canon PRO-100 <LU> 3 Photo Paper Pro Luster
    • Normal Printing
    • Rendering Intent: Perceptual
    • Black Point Compensation is checked
  • Position and Size
    • Position: Center
    • Size: Scale to fit Media is checked

In additional Print Settings, I have the following:

• Preset as Canon Pro Paper Luster and I'm not sure how to change this
    • The only presets I have are "Fast Printing on Plain Paper" and "Fine Printing on Plain Paper"
    • Both the "Standard Presets" and "Print Job Presets" are greyed out, and I'm not sure what "Default Settings" are
  • The Paper Size automatically defaults to 8.5 x 11
  • In Printer Options, do I want "ColorSync" or "Canon Color Matching" to be selected?
    • This box is typically greyed out for me
    • Does this matter if I have Color Handling set to Photoshop Manages Colors?
  • In Quality & Media I have:
    • Media Type: Photo Paper Pro Luster
    • Paper Source: Rear Tray
    • Print Quality: Standard

Any help or direction anyone can provide would be much appreciated because I can't seem to figure out how to adjust the settings to print the image sizes correctly. Happy to provide any screenshots needed of printer set up.

Thank you!

Abby

3 REPLIES 3

JoshSnider86
Contributor

Uncheck scale to fit media. That's telling the printer to change the size. 

Thank you, I'll try that. Does it have anything to do with margins being set?

Depending on the operating system you're using, you may need to create a custom page size with no border (margin). There may also be a check box for borderless printing. 

Announcements