cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon ICC paper profiles for an Epson printer?

Sculptureprint
Contributor

I have Canon Pro Luster Photo paper that I want to use on my Epson P9000 Where do I get the canon icc profile? Why you say? The gift of curiosity. I'm always trying out papers on printers.

10 REPLIES 10

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Canon provides ICC profiles for their papers as part of the printer driver. A Canon ICC profile would be of no value for an Epson printer.

If you want to try the Canon paper with an Epson printer you could select the Epson ICC profile for a paper with a surface similar to Canon Photo Paper Pro Luster.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks Mr. Hoffman. Yep, I see there are no similarities for visa versa for Epson. That's too bad for those who like to explore other paper products. For instance, when I owned my Canon Pro-100 I often got good deals on paper when I bought inks directly from Epson. 

Thank you

N

Sculptureprint
Contributor

Thank you for responding, but the better answer would have been canon does not have ICC profiles for other printers, which is too bad, and is somewhat lazy on their part.  I didn't want similar by the way and I already figured out using a similar paper profile, but I wanted exact ICC profile, which is why I asked for the ICC profile in the first place. 

Maybe you should go to the Epson user forum and ask why Epson doesn't have ICC profiles for their printers and Canon paper. Somewhat lazy on Epson's part that they don't do that.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Pretty snarky comment for  "Legend".  Is this kind of nonsense how you got to that level.

The manufacturer of every professional/art paper I use will let you download the ICC profile for each and every one of their papers - except Canon.  It's not laziness, it's vanity.  "Ooo-o, you can only use our papers on our printers!"

What a crock.  And I own a Pixma Pro-200 and an imagePROGRAF PRO-300 before you get childish again.  But I proof prints on an Epson ET-8500 because it sits right next to me whereas the Canon printers have a huge footprint and sit in another room.

If you're the best we can expect from the Canon Community, saints preserve us.

Good to have an Epson user here. In previous posts on the forum Canon printer users were looking for where they could get ICC profiles for Epson papers to use with their Canon printers

Could you please post that source to help those folks?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I'll look into this. 

John Hoffman is too gentlemanly and modest to respond angrily to your rather rash posts, so allow me to inform you that he has been, for many years, by far the most useful, helpful, and informative member of this online community, giving us the benefit of his experience and intelligence and helping to solve innumerable printing problems.

I believe you have misfired badly and succeeded only in making yourself look rather small and petty.

Robert N.

Epson has paper profiles for all printers, but not that I could see paper for a Canon paper 13×19 Pro Luster for the Epson P9000 I am using.  I'm  dissing Canon, I just came here for some answers. I suppose competition is an issue with Epson and Canon. FYI, Epson even with several of it's papers makes it difficult to find a profile, whilst all other paper maker it easy to get and install their profiles. It's certainly lazy  for Epson to be obscure in that regard. 

N

Announcements