cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pro 6100 media that is non canon

ironman52
Apprentice

So I am totally wet behind the ears as far as wide format printers go. I have the pro 6100 double roll feeder printer

I am also new to papers available.

I will be using to photograph my wifes paintings and creating prints from them.

How do i go about creating the different papers in the software which are non canon papers?

For instance I purchased a roll of epson photo premium luster photo paper 260 but i dont see any paper at the 260.

I am totally in over my head, Help 🙂

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi ironman52,

You can use the Media Configuration Tool to add non-Canon papers for use with your imagePROGRAF PRO-6100. For information regarding this, please use the following link:

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/WebPortal/PTA/pta_guide.html?lng=en&type=app-gd2&app=mct

If you would like further assistance, please contact technical support via phone. There is NO charge for this call. Please dial 1-800-423-2366, Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 8:00 pm Eastern Time, excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

ironman52
Apprentice

Is there no way to open a dialog box and enter all of the paper specs in that box Weight, thickness, type, sheen etc... then i can name it and add it to the medial file???

I tried what you suggested and it did not seem to fix the situation. I bought a roll of canon paper matte finish, but the 210sgm was not even in the medial list.

PrintLab
Apprentice

Saw your post and reply from Patrick. I haven't been able to get the Media Configuration tool to work with our iPF6100. The latest version (Windows 10 x64, MCT v7.02.001) finds the printer and communicates but does not display an "Add and Edit Custom Paper" button! Totally useless. I downloaded the MCT version he suggested (v1.8) thinking an older version would work. It cannot find the printer. So, we are stumped. Which version of the MCT tool did you find to work for you?

Announcements