cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageRUNNER ADVANCE Series - Trouble with updated Generic Plus PCL6 Driver

Salisbury
Apprentice

Good Day,

We recently had to update from Canon Generic PCL6 Driver to Canon Generic Plus PCL6 Driver in our environment after a recent rash of end-users not being able to print from workstations (that have been in service varying amounts of time) and Canon IR-Adv's (a handful of different models). All printing to the Canon is and always has been handled through print servers. 

Everything seemed fine after updating to the "Plus" Driver. Then an end-user advised they no longer had a staple option in the finishing menu and had a pdf print spit out something that looked like a cipher overlay. In this case, I had to directly add the printer to the end-user's windows profile with the "Non-Plus Driver". This regained both the staple option (and function) as well as printing the same pdf normally. 

This cannot be the final solution if we run into more end-users reporting diminished functionality with the "Plus" Driver. We also cannot revert the driver on the print server to a driver that doesn't allow a good portion of our end-users to print at all. 

Canon, please address this solution and advise what else I can do to get the staple feature enabled and the pdf printing fixed or push out a patch/new driver that addresses these issues. Apologies if this has already been done and I just missed it when researching a solution and if so, please point me in the right direction.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, Salisbury!

While our forum community members are welcome to chime in, Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products. Instead, your dealer will be able to help you! If you don't have a dealer and you're in the United States, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers in your area.

If you're outside the USA, visit http://global.canon and choose your country or region from the map for local support.

We hope this helps!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, Salisbury!

While our forum community members are welcome to chime in, Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products. Instead, your dealer will be able to help you! If you don't have a dealer and you're in the United States, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers in your area.

If you're outside the USA, visit http://global.canon and choose your country or region from the map for local support.

We hope this helps!

Announcements