cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageRUNNER ADVANCE C5550i III double sided staple problem

CSardina
Apprentice

My office has an imageRUNNER ADVANCE C5550i III with the staple/punch/fold finisher Y1, the copy deck, and the large paper holder tray. A few months ago there was an update either to our Mac OS, Adobe, or Canon drivers (or some combination), but we have had a problem printing multiple copies of documents that are double sided, letter, staple. If I print two copies of a 5 page document I expect there to be two copies, 3 pieces of paper (double sided), the last sheet to be blank, and each copy to have its own staple. When I print with these settings though I get one document, the 6th page is not a blank page but the 1st page of the second copy on the back of the last page of the 1st copy, and the printer staples the entire document with 1 staple.

This wasn't a problem a few months ago but something changed. I only have this problem when I print from an Adobe product (Acrobat or InDesign). If I print from MS Word I do not have the problem.

I already contacted Adobe to troubleshoot. My settings are correct for the print job, they checked the postscript and everything was leaving Adobe correctly. They recommended I install PPD drivers instead of the standard drivers. I actually had more problems with the PPD drivers.

I am running on Mac OS X Ventura 13.4, I have the printer installed with the most current drivers, 10.19.15 for the standard drivers and 10.4 for the PPD drivers I tried.

My current work around is to print one copy at a time and it comes out just fine. However, if I am printing more than 4 copies it becomes really cumbersome to print 4 or more times with 1 copy at a time. I'd love some ideas for how to fix this problem!

2 REPLIES 2

CSardina
Apprentice

Also, I just registered on Canon's website to attempt to chat for support or call someone. I am required to register my product, but my printer isn't an option as a product to register. If you can't register a product you can't request support. C'mon Canon, I love your printer but this is getting frustrating!

Thanks for joining the conversation, CSardina!

While our forum community members are welcome to chime in, Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products. Instead, your dealer will be able to help you! If you don't have a dealer and you're in the United States, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers in your area.

If you're outside the USA, visit http://global.canon and choose your country or region from the map for local support.

We hope this helps!

Announcements