cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 3530i custom paper size does not print correctly, but is offset

KenQ
Apprentice

I have a Canon 3530i.

I want to print a 5 x 7 postcard. I create a custom paper size 5x7. My file prints on this paper size offset by a few inches, so only half of my document actually prints.

Is the printer inserting its own top and left margins? Why would that be? The manual says it can print docs as small as 3.5 inches, so I'm not sure what it is doing here.

2 REPLIES 2

Danny

Hi, KenQ!

Thanks for posting! While our forum community members are welcome to chime in, Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products. Instead, your dealer will be able to help you! If you don't have a dealer and you're in the United States, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers in your area.

If you're outside the USA, visit http://global.canon and choose your country or region from the map for local support.

We hope this helps!

KenQ
Apprentice

Thanks for the reply. I have inherited a Canon 3530i from a local business for my personal use. I don't have access to a dealer. I am hoping someone can help me understand why, when I set a custom paper size 5x7 inch, and print a document in that exact size, the printer adds a top and left side margin of almost 2 inches, making my document offset and printing only partially.

I am hoping someone here has the expertise to help me figure this out. Hopefully this post is permitted. 
Thanks!

Announcements