cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banding but only with Baryta - PROGRAF Pro-4100

baryta4ever
Apprentice

New Pro 4100 owner here. Most prints are coming out fine but whenever I print with a Baryta the results are pretty bad. The papers in question are Moab Juniper Baryta Rag 305 and Hahnemuhle Fine Art Baryta Satin. The image below is my problem (the vertical lines run across the entire image). The one on top (the problem) is the Moab Juniper. The one below is Hahnemuhle Photo Rag Metallic, which doesn't present any visible banding at all. From other research around here I tried doing an Automatic Banding Adjustment by following the steps from Canon. That helped, but definitely didn't solve it. But I used the test paper that came with the printer (Coated HG something). I'm wondering if I should have used the Juniper paper to perform the test on???

The Moab Juniper is A3+ cut sheet and the Hahnemuhle that I'm using is on a 44" roll. Both of these papers are not as thick as the Photo Rag Metallic. Do I need to use the AM1x files? Was hoping to avoid that, but maybe that's the ticket? Do I just need to experiment with selecting different media types?

20231117_174338.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

baryta4ever
Apprentice

Well, that's embarrassing. I mean I guess. I solved it. I ran the Automatic Banding Test found here https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/Manual/All/PRO-4000/EN/UG/ug_paperfeed01_0102.html but instead of using the Canon Test paper, I used the Moab Juniper Baryta Rag paper. Then I printed and it came out perfectly.

Hope this helps someone else in the future.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

baryta4ever
Apprentice

Well, that's embarrassing. I mean I guess. I solved it. I ran the Automatic Banding Test found here https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/Manual/All/PRO-4000/EN/UG/ug_paperfeed01_0102.html but instead of using the Canon Test paper, I used the Moab Juniper Baryta Rag paper. Then I printed and it came out perfectly.

Hope this helps someone else in the future.

Announcements