wireless setup in Canon printer MG 2920

Guimata
Apprentice

Can anyone tell me hot to setup wireless in Canon printer MG 2920? Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Tara_N
Enthusiast

Hello Guimata!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know any error messages you're seeing, and the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

Thanks and have a great day!

View solution in original post

Ramona
Authority

Hi Guimata,

For step-by-step instructions on changing the connection method from USB to wireless, please follow the steps located at the link below:

Changing the Connection Method from USB to Wireless

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Tara_N
Enthusiast

Hello Guimata!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know any error messages you're seeing, and the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

Thanks and have a great day!

Hello Tara_N, here are the details.

I ran the setup from the CD provided (on Windows 7) and was asked a question at some point: "how would you connect to the printer?" I chose "USB" instead of "LAN" (wich of course I didn't know what it was. I had no error message. At the end I was surprised no questions/information was provided re: Wireless) then wanted to know how to use the wireless function (which is the #1 reason why I bought the printer) and found little (should say no valuable info) in the online manual.

The only thing I learned was press/hold on the Wireless button and wait, which I did and after flashing for about 3-5 minutes the error light came up.

So here is my question again: can anyone walk me through setting up/using the wireless function on that Canon MG2920?

Thanks!

I have followed the on screen instructions for setting wireless. i had a canon printer wireless before Pixma 3500.

It worked wireless. but this new one(Pixma mg2920 ) cant seem to be found by my ipad nor my surface pro.

help

Hi Tara_N,

The Technical Support Team of the phone was great and I had the issue solved in the blink of an eye. Thanks for sending me there.

Ramona
Authority

Hi Guimata,

For step-by-step instructions on changing the connection method from USB to wireless, please follow the steps located at the link below:

Changing the Connection Method from USB to Wireless

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks Ramona, I appreciate your time. This is the kind of resource that should have been posted in the online manual or even included in the screen manual in the first place. I am glad I finally listened to Tara_N's advice to contact customer support over the phone. I did on 12/8 and had the issue solved in less than 5 minutes. We went trough the same steps as the one you posted. Any way, thank you for sharing with everyone!

SheilaG
Apprentice

I am trying to set up Canon printer MG2920. des it work for Windows 10?

Announcements