cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where is the MAC Address located for a imageCLASS D1150?

TimothyK
Apprentice

We have a D1150 printer that we’ve been using for a very long time, we like it a lot. We have a backup and a 3rd one for parts. I don’t want to change this printer. 

We switched to Macs and I can’t get it to work on the network. So I tried to connect the printer and assign it an IP address.  It doesn’t show up on my router when I have it set to automatically assign an IP address. 

In order to assign an IP address our router requires a MAC address which as I understand it is specific to the device. I can’t find the MAC address anywhere. 

The manual which is weird and hard to access online doesn’t appear to have an answer. 

I feel like this would be a 5 minute conversation with someone from Canon technical support but they won’t let me ask a human about this product any more. 

1 REPLY 1

normadel
Authority
Authority

You don't have to tell the router what the MAC address is. It sees it when it sees the printer on the network.

You find the printer's MAC address on the printer by looking in its network configuration settings. Then you look on the router's DHCP table to see if it is recognized and on the network.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements