cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scan from MF424 to Windows 11 PC over local network

mgsheinin
Apprentice

Since Windows 11 install, I can no longer scan from MF424 printer to my PC.  Printer allows me to select my PC by name, but won't scan; after a couple of minutes gives "ERROR" without specifying the error.  Using ScanGear from a 12/2021 driver downloaded from Canon.

2 REPLIES 2

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Mgsheinin,

It looks like the scanner is on the network but some of the software is missing on the Windows 11 computer. If you have installed a new version of Windows onto your computer, you will need to reinstall the drivers so the computer can properly connect to the scanner. When you send a scan to a computer, the computer will start the corresponding scanner software on the computer to process the scan. If the scans begins but does not process, you can try installing the Windows 11 version of the drivers. You can download and install the recommended driver found at the link HERE. Once it is installed, and it detect the MF424, you can try scanning again from the operation panel.

Thanks, but I had already done that and rebooted my Windows 11 PC.  BTW, CANON website recognizes my OS as Windows 10 (64bit), in spite of its being Windows 11. The driver I downloaded works fine for printing.  I confirmed that install software had installed scanner software.  But I don't recall removing old scanner driver, figuring that the new install would take care of that as it had for the printer.  ???

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements