cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF264dw Menu Showing Different Language

marlowe
Apprentice

my menu window on my mf260 printer came up in chinese and i can not change it back to English.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jackcote
Apprentice

I had to re-initialize.  I hit 

Menu

3 down OK
down to bottom ok
left button ok

Make sure to put in a PIN when you set it up again

Good luck

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Danny

Hi, marlowe!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using.  "MF260" can refer to any of several printers in the imageCLASS MF260 series. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Danny ... what you suggest DID NOT WORK!!!  I have to get a Technician to fix this brand new printer and it will cost me a Service call ... what's up with that!!???  

jackcote
Apprentice

My printer is the ImageClass MFC264 II

Same problem.  All menus are suddenly chinese.

Cheers

jackcote
Apprentice

I had to re-initialize.  I hit 

Menu

3 down OK
down to bottom ok
left button ok

Make sure to put in a PIN when you set it up again

Good luck

NO .. this does not work ... tried several. times.  What pin??

Thank you so much for this simple and clear post. I advise anyone following these steps to be calm when doing so and to follow them carefully because they DO work for the MF264dw 2 series if followed exactly as written. Tip: on the step that tells you to go to the bottom; please pay attention to the scroll bar on the right of the screen so that you know you are at the bottom of the screen because it will cycle back to the top if you continue to press the down arrow. Also the step where you press the left button and ok, had to be done 2 times. I wish I had thought to record the steps as I did them for the visual people. I am Not yet sure about how to set the pin up after the language is reset. but my issue was resolved for the language reset following these steps. Thank you again for this post 

I did do a google search for Remote UI and got a definition of what it was. The search results also tell that there is a default setting for this and recommend changing both. So again I advise anyone doing this to do it while patient or calm and not in a rush.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

If only the printers menus are displaying in another language, you can use the following:

shadowsports_0-1680045881524.png

If the remote UI is also displaying in another language this one.

shadowsports_1-1680045959621.png

You do not need to reset the printer, just select the desired language.  See page 380 if you'd like to take a look.

imageCLASS MF269dw / MF267dw / MF264dw / MF269dw VP User's Guide (c-wss.com)

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Leanie725
Apprentice

I cannot change it back to English no matter what I do ... Brand new printer .. will now cost me $50 to fix it!!  THIS IS INSANE!!

Leanie725
Apprentice

Does anyone has a viable solution to fix this Chinese language issue?  What you are all suggesting does not seem to work in my world ...  before I have to pay for a service call .. thank you to anyone who has a good suggestion!!

Announcements