cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS LBP632Cdw ICC Color Profile Needed

Jaseinatl
Apprentice

Why is it so difficult to download ICC Color Profiles for Canon Products

I am printing a full color book on my Canon LBP632C Color Laser Printer. I would like to be able to use the ICC Profiles for this printer instead of generic or mismatched color profiles.

I have tried reinstalling the drivers/software but no luck. I have tried updating the firmware and reinstalling the software, still nothing.

I have followed instructions in these forms that suggest that I look in Library\(something)\ICC-Profiles and who knows where that is? In fact, I have searched for just ICC-profiles on my entire PC (40tb) and found a lot of ICC Profiles, but none from Canon. I can't even find my printer model listed on my PC which leads me to wonder what is the deal with Canon?

If you have any suggestions about how I can download the ICC Profiles for my printer to get Photoshop and InDesign to stop squawking at me about checking to be sure I have the correct profiles, I would really appreciate it. Sorry for my frustration, but this is an important personal project and I have to confirm to Photoshop and inDesign about 50 times a day that I am okay with using the SWOP color profiles...having the Canon profiles would make my day so much nicer.

Thanks, Jason

NOTE:

If you are a  Canon fanboy and your rufflebutts are all bunched up because you can sense my frustration, please take a minute; take a couple of deep breaths; and then consider whether you have the best of intentions when answering a frustrated person's question. If you feel inclined to escalate the frustration, that's on you--I'm stressed out enough right now. My frustration is my own, it has nothing to do with you so don't take it personally.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello,

Our ICC profiles are usually reserved for our color inkjet printers that have the ability to print photos. ICC profiles are printer and paper specific. We would have ICC profiles for the different types of photo paper that each printer can use. The LBP632 does not support any photo papers and mainly uses plain paper. If you have any specialty paper that you are using with the printer, you can check on the paper manufacturer's website for any Canon specific ICC profiles. For help checking your color management options or to review what settings would work best with your version of Photoshop, I would suggest contacting support over the phone at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello,

Our ICC profiles are usually reserved for our color inkjet printers that have the ability to print photos. ICC profiles are printer and paper specific. We would have ICC profiles for the different types of photo paper that each printer can use. The LBP632 does not support any photo papers and mainly uses plain paper. If you have any specialty paper that you are using with the printer, you can check on the paper manufacturer's website for any Canon specific ICC profiles. For help checking your color management options or to review what settings would work best with your version of Photoshop, I would suggest contacting support over the phone at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist.

Thank you for responding. Although I understand what you are saying, there is something to be said for enabling a default ICC profile for use with color printing regardless of what paper or content is being used. You must get this question a million times when you could easily resolve EVERYONE's request by simply posting a generic color profile for your non-inkjet printers. In fact, you could even produce just one non inkjet profile and point every non-inkjet user to it.

But it's actually worse than just ICC profiles for accurate color reproduction. Currently your printer driver has a series of predefined profiles. It would be nice to be able to download other predefined profiles. And when you consider that your color matching settings on the color laser printer are several pages long, it's not an un reasonable request to be able to select a Canon-specific color profile that was more closely related to what I am outputting. For example, I am using the Canon Color Laser printer to print a 200 page cookbook with photos, graphics, and text.

And though the quality is not quite as good as my inkjet printer, it's about 50 times faster. And the range of output quality on the color laser is significantly greater than the inkjet. I have so many more settings on the laser than the inkjet, that one would wonder why on earth haven't you encapsulated the best settings for a number of scenarios and made them available for users to load. That could include ICC profiles or at least the one ICC profile even if it was just to provide comfort to folks like myself who are stressing out about a tight deadline and getting wild color variations from your printer with the smallest adjustment in the voluminous set of options. 
Thanks again for your reply.

Announcements