cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i80 printer drivers and software downloads

brkhsehaf
Contributor

I have a perfectly good i80 printer. It is now a retired piece of equipment. I lost the setup disk and cannot down load drivers for it because it is retired. I do not want to toss a perfectly good printer. How can I get a disk or the drivers to be able to use it again?

8 REPLIES 8

normadel
Authority
Authority

Canon still lists drivers for it. Windows,Mac, Linux. Windows up to 7, which you could try for newer Windows versions. 

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/i80

I'm not that computer savvy. So I am not sure how to find that every time I look up the i80 I get 0 response.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

To put things in perspective, the i80 was released 20 yrs ago.  If the drivers available do not work, it might be time to consider a new printer.  The printer has certainly delivered a good ROI in its lifetime.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Now the problem I am having is since I do not have the software disk. How can I install the software to be able to run this printer since it is not supported by canon?

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Click the link @normadel posted above.  Then click downloads.

shadowsports_0-1711770367451.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I did that and was able to download the easy photo. That was the only available download. I can't use it with the printer because the software for the printer is not installed. I do not have the setup disk that came with the printer to put the drivers on the computer to be able to use that program. So i am looking for a setup disk or software to be able to set up the printer on this PC.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

You'll need to select windows / windows 7 x64.  Canon has not developed or released new Windows printer drivers for the i80 in about 14 yrs.   This installation package may work with a later version of the OS.  (Windows 10 or 11)  You'll have to try and see.    

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

normadel
Authority
Authority

YOU DON"T NEED a software disk. That's what downloads from Canon are for. If the download site does not show any software/driver for your operating system (which you have not identified) then your only option is to try the latest OS version that there is software/driver for (like Windows 7 if you have Windows 10 or 11). 

Announcements