cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting MB2720 through Windows 11 Defender firewall

dissent555
Apprentice

Trying to run the setup for a new MB2720 printer via wireless  LAN and can't get connection to printer so setup fails.

Tried just shutting off the Defender firewall but that doesn't seem to work either. How does a poor schlub like me who's not a network admin get this to work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dissent555
Apprentice

ok, I think I might have it. Initially the printer actually was detected, but when setup was continued the connection failed. Had to use the Standard Setup option on the printer control pad and get a direct connection to my xfinity gateway through the network name and network password. Then everything proceeded and the software and drivers were dl'd and installed.

Maybe I should stop doing this kind of stuff at 11 pm ...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

dissent555
Apprentice

ok, I think I might have it. Initially the printer actually was detected, but when setup was continued the connection failed. Had to use the Standard Setup option on the printer control pad and get a direct connection to my xfinity gateway through the network name and network password. Then everything proceeded and the software and drivers were dl'd and installed.

Maybe I should stop doing this kind of stuff at 11 pm ...

Announcements