Please help! I have a Mac running OS Monterey, my printer Pixma MG2522. I have found and downloaded and installed the recommended printing driver many times. When I go to system preferences > printers and scanners. when I go to add it, it recognizes the printer but cant find the driver. When I go to find the driver the selection list is empty. What am I missing or what am I doing wrong?
To resolve this issue, please follow the steps:
1. Please use the following link:
2. Click Downloads at the top.
3. Click on Software & Downloads.
4. Click the Download button to the right of "MG2522/MG2525 CUPS Printer Driver Ver.220.127.116.11 (Mac)".
5. Once the download is complete, open your downloads folder.
6. Double click "mcpd-mac-mg2500-16_40_1_0-ea21_3.dmg" to begin the installation.
Once installed, please reboot your computer.
When your computer restarts, please follow these steps:
1. Click on the Apple in the upper left corner and then System Preferences.
2. Click on Printers & Scanners.
3. Click on the MG2500 series that appears and click Add at the bottom.
If MG2500 does not appear in the "Use" box at the bottom, click the down arrow and then click on "Select Software". In the window that appears, click on MG2500 and click OK and then add your printer.