cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

download scan utility for ts8100

pwrichcreek
Enthusiast

I need to find and download the utility program that does scan to pdf for the ts8100.

LATER
I found the utility MFSCANUTILITY.exe,  downloaded and ran it. That gave me "A scanner driver supporting this software is not installed. install it and try again" code 9,230.0So I downloaded all the drivers again and ran the program again.
canon 8100 driver for scan utility mpnp-win-ts8100-1_02-ea34_2.exe

That didn't change anything.

TIA for your help.
pwrichcreek(Phil)

4 REPLIES 4

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi pwrichcreek,

What version of Windows is installed on your computer?

Are you using your PIXMA TS8120 wirelessly?
or with a USB cable?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Running Windows 10 with all updates applied. Printer is connected wirelessly.

Thanks for you reply.
pwrichcreek (Phil).

Hello Pwrichcreek,

The MFscan utility is designed for our laser multi functions and will not work with your TS8100 series inkjet printer. You would need to use the IJ scan utility that installs with the TS8100 series MP driver install or the initial setup download for the printer. You can download the MP driver install using the link provided HERE. You can click select and download next to the TS8100 series MP drivers and when the download is complete, you can double click or open the download to begin the install.

Once the setup has detected the connection in the setup and the setup complete, You can find the IJ scan utility for the TS8100 in your list of installed program in a folder marked Canon Utilities. If you do not have the folder after the install, it will usually mean the install did not complete or security software was preventing the install from installing properly. You can try turning any security software off and then trying the install again.

Your instructions were helpful. Thanks for that.

I think I followed them correctly, but when I run the program it says "scanner is warming up", I hear a whiring sound fromthe printer.but documents do not move. The output pdf is two blank pages.
Let me know what additional information I can gather to help resolve this.
pwrichcreek.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements