cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connecting ix6820

artistbrandi
Apprentice

My printer was connected and working fine for months.  Yesterday, I went to print, and none of my devices (mac, iPad, iPhone) could find the printer.  I went through hours of troubleshooting; restarting all devices, including the printer and my router.  Made sure firmware was up to date and reinstalled.  Tried to reconnect through my Linxsys app using the pin.  My app says "Connected!" but it doesn't actually ever show up, and the printer continues to blink in search until the yellow light comes up.  I am at my wits end.  Can anyone suggest a fix?  Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi artistbrandi,

Please have load plain paper into your PIXMA iX6820.  Once loaded, please press and hold the down the middle button on your printer and release that button when the POWER lamp flashes white 6 times.

A page will print.

4 lines from the top, is the name listed next to SSID the exact same name that your iOS devices and Mac are connected to?

6 lines below that, what is listed next to Signal Strength?  This number should be above 75%.

2 lines below that, please take note of what is listed next to IPv4 IP Address.  On your Mac, please open Safari.  In the address bar, please enter the IPv4 IP Address that is printed on that sheet.  For example, if the sheet listed 192.168.1.23, then that is what is to be entered in to the address bar of Safari.  Once entered, please press the Return or Enter key on your keyboard.  Does the printer status appear?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The SSID does not match; this is supposed to be my network name correct?  The one listed on the paper is BJNPSETUP; it sounds vaguely familiar from when I originally set up the printer, but it was my understanding that the name is associated with the printer and not my network.

Signal strength is zero.  And there’s no Ipv4 address listed at all.  This printer had been working fine for the last year right where it was with no changes whatsoever.  

Announcements