cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi connection with my Canon Pixma MG7720

Giorgetto
Contributor

Hi,

My Pixma 7720 was printing just fine until I had a new router and modem installed for Wifi and now the printer won't print. Could it be that the printer does not recognize the new Wifi? and if so how do I correct this, please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

That’s possible. see this page:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mg-s...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

That’s possible. see this page:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mg-s...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thank you so kindly for the link, I will try that in the next few days and I'll let you know it it resolves the issue. 

JRHOFFMAN,

You seem to be well versed in Canon.  Hopefully you can help me.  I have a PIXMA MX410.  It works great, never had an issue until now.  I just switched internet providers to T-Mobile 5G. I cannot get it to work with  the MX410.  The wireless connection worked fine on the Xfinity internet with a TP-LINK router. I tried the Easy Setup on the MX410 Operational Panel. It went as far as finding the T-Mobile network, but did not ask for a passphrase, causing a failure. Canon no longer supports this printer on their website.  Any suggestions? Running Windows 10 Pro.  Many thanks.  You would truly be a legend if you can solve this.

Does this help?

Canon Knowledge Base - Wi-Fi Set Up Using WPS With Windows - PIXMA MX410 Printer

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Not really. It omits the instruction of connecting the printer cable to the computer and connecting a USB cable from the front of the printer directly into the T-Mobile 5G modem. I had to use a USB type C to connect to the modem.  It is necessary to download the latest driver from the support site, and in my case, that was dated 2/05/2016.

It also missing the instruction to change the encryption to WPA2. The driver installation software left this blank.  Once the WPA2 is entered, it then prompts you for the PASSPHRASE.  This is what was missing from the operational window on the face of the printer and what has stopped successful connection in other users in this forum. The software found the correct network, but failed to ask for the PASSPHRASE.

Thank you for responding to me.  I wish their were more caring people like you to help those frustrated people like me to find a solution.  

Quite frankly, I called both T-Mobile and Canon support. Neither had an answer/solution. Useless. Thank goodness for people like JR Hoffman to help.

Hi JR,

I actually discovered the solution with further digging. I had to download the first 10 updates on the following website:  https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/pixma-mx410.  When MX410 series MP Driver Ver. 1.02 (Windows) was installing, I connected the T-Mobile internet modem directly into the printer with a USB type C cable (I used the one from my phone charger) and the printer cable into my laptop.  

During installation, I chose the new internet, changed encryption to WPA2, entered internet password, and everything else was automatic.

Giorgetto
Contributor

Thank you John! I'm back up and printing...Your solution worked!

Announcements