cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-fi

Jersey07042
Apprentice
MX472 will not connect to my Wi-Fi it was connected and then it dropped. I tried USB re-connection to wi-fi and it finds my network but says it can’t connect. This is the 2nd time in 2 months that this happened.
3 REPLIES 3

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Jersey07042,

Are you trying to connect the printer via the WPS method or Standard setup in which you select your network and enter your wireless password?

We look forward to you reply.

Jersey07042
Apprentice
Via Standard setup because I have the Eero and turned off the wi-fi signal to my modem so that WPS function is not available. At any rate it’s like it’s not grabbing the info from the printer via USB cable. Now prior to a big update 2 months back from Dell or Microsoft everything was good. It drops the connectivity to talk to wi-fi printing.

Hi Jersey07042,

I recommend removing the printer from your computer. Once the printer driver is removed, please click HERE and follow the steps in the video to reconnect using the standard setup method and reinstall the printer driver. You can remove the usb cord during the setup since it will not be needed.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements