cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble Finding Drivers for PIXMA TR4722

dwhitman
Apprentice

I just bought a new tr4722 and when I try to install print drivers it keeps sending me to Microsoft app store. Could not find anything in the store and clicked to change settings but have no idea what to do. Running Windows 11

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Just to confirm are you trying to install the drivers from the following website: https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/pixma-tr4722

If so and you are still being taken to the Microsoft app store, check to see if your computer is running Windows S Mode (Secure Mode). If your computer is running in S mode, you wont be able to install the printer driver. You can only install Microsoft Store apps in S-mode.

If you dont want to turn Windows S mode off, you can try the steps below to add the printer using a Windows driver:

1.  Open the Control Panel by holding the Windows key and pressing the letter R.

2.  In the Run window, type "control panel" (without quotation marks) and click OK.

3.  Click Devices and Printers.

4.  Click Add a Printer.

5.  In the new window that appears, click on your printer and then click Next.

A driver will be installed.  When this process has finished, click Finish

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am running Windows11 also, new computer. I can get the printer to connect to the wireless network but cannot get drivers on the windows 11 in s mode, and I don't really want to leave S mode as it is a one way street. When I go to devices, add printer, it will find the TR4722 and put a bunch of letters behind it like a serial number but when I click add device it tells me it failed. I cannot find any information on what failed, what it needs (guessing drivers) in order for the computer and printer to communicate. The computer is on the smae network as printer, printer haring is enabled and a private network selected. Not sure what else I can do. If i connect the computer to the printer using a USB cable will it let the drivers be downloaded to the computer so I can then connect wirelessly? Will I need any drivers on the computer if I connect with a USB cable? I have installed Canon Inkjet Smart Connect from the Microsoft store as the Inkjet Utility does not support this printer. The Smart Connect cannot find the printer to connect to either and just takes me to the start up manual. I thank you for your time in helping me solve my problem.

Announcements