cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR8500 no longer connecting

Bks4JHB
Apprentice

I have a TR8500 printer that USED to connect to my wireless network and I could pring from my laptop and my devices. I moved the printer a few days ago, and it's been just fine -- I have printed several things from my laptop from its new location -- but today, after putting in new ink, it's not connecting.

I tried turning it on and off, turning the laptop on and off, and I even tried setting the printer up again -- but NOW I'm getting a message saying it can't connect because I'm using a 5G network. But I've been using a 5G network for months! That's all I've ever had at this house! I'm very frustrated. I'm not a total doofus with computers, especially for a retired person, but I also am not a computer whiz. Can anyone help me understand what's going on?

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Bks4JHB,

The PIXMA TR8520 will not connect to a 5GHz wireless signal, it will only connect to a 2.4Ghz wireless signal.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/tr-s...

Standard Interface:

Hi-Speed USB
Ethernet
PictBridge (LAN/Wireless LAN)
Wi-Fi® (Wireless LAN, 2.4 GHz, IEEE 802.11b/g/n)
Memory Card Slot
Bluetooth 4.0 LE (Low Energy)

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Bks4JHB
Apprentice
Then why has it connected to our 5G network for the past year with no problem?

Bks4JHB
Apprentice
Again: I’ve had the printer for a year. It’s been connected to our 5G network and working FINE for ONE YEAR.
It’s been an excellent printer until now. I think we’re going to have to trash it and buy a different brand that doesn’t just randomly stop working when I change the ink. I’m just doing understand why it would work perfectly for ONE YEAR and then suddenly decide not to.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements