cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR4720 cannot be found on the network

jtpryan
Apprentice

TR4700 series, ROM 1.070, Serial KPMH8[xxxx] DHCP address, downloaded latest driver

Windows 11 client cannot add printer by finding it.  Cannot add printer via IP address (printed from LAN settings).  Cannot ping the same IP address. DHCP address is received from router that is not assessable (need to contact ISP).  WiFi network is unsecured.  No error message on the printer. Unsecured network (no password).

Same results trying from iOS or Android

That's it, could be the printer is just bad or something with the router. But this should be a 5 minute operation and I'm stumped at this point.  I have 40 years in IT so I'm not new to this and have done it with all types of printers with little or no issues, and if there were it was obvious.  I do feel I am missing something obvious.

Thanks for any help.

[Serial number partially hidden to protect privacy.]

2 REPLIES 2

Rolfeus
Apprentice

Hello,

Have you had any luck with this? I am in a very similar situation as you. My printer could connect to my windows 11 PC just fine a couple of months ago, and now I am unable to connect via wifi. I printed a config page via the panel on the printer itself was able to confirm that my printer is a Series TR4700 but with ROM 1.060.

Back then when I was troubleshooting this I noticed something weird. I noticed in my home network's web interface configuration that the printer is being identified as TS5300 series. I am sure my printer is a TR4720, though.

Hi,

Please open a web browser on your computer, and in the address bar, please type the IP Address on the configuration page(row 3-2-12) into the address bar.

Next, tap Go or Enter to access the page. Are you able to see the printer's remote interface? Also, please let us know what is listed for the signal strength in row 3-2-1. 

We look forward to your reply. 

Announcements