cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution for Outdated Drivers

ChristinaV
Apprentice

With the new iOS Sonoma 14, the scanning drivers for many of the older Canon printers are now obsolete, and these printers will end up in landfills across the planet. It's time to develop another business model that is profitable for Canon but more eco-friendly for the planet. One idea is to allow owners of Canon printers the option to BUY a new driver through the Canon website rather than throw the printer in the trash. The option to buy could be limited by Canon to certain models or certain manufacturing time periods, and it would enable consumers to feel they are contributing to Canon's commitment to the environment. Think PATAGONIA gear! Canon can be like that. We live in an era where the concept of Planned Obsolescence is in itself obsolete. 

Is there anyone at Canon I can speak to about this? I would love to be part of the change in culture.

6 REPLIES 6

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

A company called Hamrick Software already produces a software called VueScan that offers scanner drivers for older devices. It’s not limited to Canon devices or Apple operating systems. I am using a Minolta scanner that was last supported by Windows XP. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you John. I will give VueScan a try and will reply again as to whether I was able to find a scanner driver for my Canon.

jrj90620
Apprentice

I updated to Sonoma 14 and my Canon MF242dw multifunction printer will print but not scan.Is this a hopeless situation?

Drivers for OSX 14 Sonoma are available for your device.  MF242dw

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/imageclass-mf242dw

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi Rick, Happy 2024! Is there now a Driver update for Sonoma—specifically for TS6220 printer?

jendra
Contributor

I just updated my OS to Sonoma and now my TS6220 printer no longer works. I've exhausted all resources on Canon website unfortunately none has helped. Now i just want to know if Sonoma is supported or not?

Announcements