cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up Pixma MG 3620 Multi Function printer to print from a 5G network

farmgirl1
Apprentice

Hello there.  Is there anyone who knows how to set up the aforementioned printer to print from a 5G network? I set it up once about 3 months ago when I had T-Mobile as my internet provider.  I switched internet providers and went back to regular wireless printing.  Canon is closed now, so there is no one at tech support to walk me through the set up process.

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

This will not be possible as the printer does not have a 5Ghz radio.  The printer can only connect wirelessly to a 2.4Ghz network with WPA2 encryption.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

normadel
Authority
Authority

5G refers to your home network's connection to the outside world...the Internet. That is irrelevant as far as your internal network's computer-to-printer communication. Have you tried setting up the printer, and failed?

Ask your new Internet and router provider about this.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

I guess she'll have to clarify whether she's referring to 5G connectivity or a 5Ghz wireless network.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements