Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Professional Print & Layout not available in PhotoShop

bunzo1
Contributor

Running Ventura 13.0.1 on a Mac

Using PS 2023 v23.0.1

Using a new Canon ImageProGraph Pro-300 printer.

During the printer install, it recognized LRC and installed the proper plug-in for printing from LRC but, the install did NOT recognize PS and did NOT install the plug-in so that I could print from PS using File/Automate/pluginname.

I have rerun the Plug-in Install program multiple times but the plug-in never installs in PS.

Posted this question a few days ago but, don't see it listed.

Help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for the link. 

The video is worth watching but, it does NOT address the issue I reported. When I ran the driver install, everything worked accordingly but the install program ONLY RECOGNIZED LRC and did NOT install the PS Plug-in files Consequently, PPL is not listed in File/Automate within Photoshop.

I fixed this by copying the two .plugin files in the PPL/Install Files/PSPlugin folder to mymac/Adobe Photoshop 2023/Plug-ins and restarted PS. 

I can now start PPL in PS, LRC or in stand alone mode.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

But why blame the OS for an application install problem? 

Is the OS responsible to verify the app's install did as it intended? Don't think so.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Don't think so."

I do! Just because one works does not clear other apps.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

MY solution was to copy files to the correct folder. The install program determines where necessary files should go in order for the targeted application to have access to them.

The Canon Install did NOT even recognize that Photoshop was available. That has NOTHING to do with the OS.

end of story

Announcements