cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer not connecting to Macbook - PIXMA G3262

EthelJ
Apprentice

I have a Canon G3262 and recently changed wifi. I changed the network and now it won't connect. I verified that the MacBook and printer are on the same network. I deleted the printer and added it back and still nothing I don't even think the driver popped up correctly. Please fix. I'm using OS Catalina 14.4.1. 

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

Sorry, but your post isn't clear.  You said your MacBook and printer are on the same network, but that the printer is not connected?  This appears to indicate the printer is not connected to your network?  Can you clarify please.

If it is connected, please log into your router and verify its IP address.  Can you ping the printer from your Mac?   

The printer needs a 2.4 GHz broadcast supporting WPA2 / AES encryption.  Does your network meet these requirements?

Once connected, I'd reserve its IP on the router and add it as an IP printer on the Mac, then load its driver.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Good afternoon, 

I'm sorry. When I try to AirPrint it says that the printer is not responding. I'm on a 2.4 GHz. It shows that the printer has been added. Every time I try to print it says that the printer is not responding. I have even tried to print from other applications and even tried to print from my iPhone. Every time it says that the printer is not responding. 

Announcements