cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Studio Pro Plugin for Lightroom no longer working when macOS Ventura was installed

Fkurtz
Apprentice

Printer - Pixma Pro 100.  Print Studio Pro V2.2.5 installed.  Lightroom V12.01.  Everything worked fine with macOS 12 Monterey.  Just upgraded to macOS 13 Ventura and I now get the following error message when I select a photo in Lightroom and run the plugin for Print Studio Pro (and Print Studio Pro opens) :  AN ERROR HAS OCCURRED.  EXITING PRINT STUDIO PRO.  An exhaustive search of the internet yielded no results.  Anyone else having this problem?  Many thanks for any help.Image 11-7-22 at 3.44 PM.jpeg

15 REPLIES 15

What is working best for you? Do you mind sharing your Lightroom workflow, for example?

For Windows:

Screenshot 2022-11-28 182857.jpgScreenshot 2022-11-28 183058.jpg

I configure LrC to have Lightroom manage color. Pick the ICC profile in LrC and the media type in the Canon printer driver. Then I can choose Canon papers or third-party papers as I wish.

For Canon papers the ICC Profile and the media type are the same. For third party papers use their ICC profile and the media type they recommend.

If you need macOS let me know.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks, John. I do need macOS. Sorry I didn't specify before. I appreciate this very much. Annie

Hi Annie. here is macOS.

Right side of LrC is same as Windows:

1. first make sure you see something like this when you check in Pinter & Scanners and select Options when you select the printer:

Screenshot 2022-11-29 at 7.43.06 AM.png

Right side of LrC (selecting he paper you want. can be Canon or third party profile, as you wish).

Screenshot 2022-11-29 at 7.44.27 AM.png

Left side of LrC: first select Page Setup and choose paper size. Then select Print Settings:

Screenshot 2022-11-29 at 7.48.15 AM.png

Select Quality & Media and select the Canon paper type; the one you are printing on if it's Canon paper or the type recommended by the third party supplier.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks very much John, I look forward to working through all this soon. Annie

eknovack
Apprentice

I have the same issue with MacOS Ventura and Print Studio Pro trying to print to my Pixma Pro-100. When will Canon either update Print Studio Pro for Ventura or update the new PP&L software?

I can print fine from Lightroom but much prefer to use the Canon software.

Announcements