cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX452 not giving option to enter Wifi password

jellish
Contributor

I recently changed my wireless router and have been trying to connect my device to the new router. The issue is that when I select the access point it automatically tries to connect without giving me the option to enter the new wifi password.

Obviously without the password it's unable to connect and despite trying multiple troubleshooting steps it never provides that option. I had no issues with connecting this printer to wifi in the past and previously it allowed me to enter my wifi password so I'm not sure why it no longer does so.

Any help would be appreciated I've tried to contact Cannon, but the automated service gives me the run around I've never been able to connect with an actual person. 

10 REPLIES 10

Benibiker
Contributor

I had the same problem and finally found a solution.  In the printer user manual it says WPA/WPA2 encryption method on your router is not supported by this printer.  You'll have to go into your router as administrator and change the WPA version to just WPA2 if yours is set to WPA/WPA2 or WPA2/WPA3.  Afterwards go back and do the WAN setup on the printer again, find the router name, click OK, in the next step only one option is highlighted, it shows some address or something, click it and it will then ask for the password!  Enter it and you are good to go!

Announcements