cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX452 not giving option to enter Wifi password

jellish
Contributor

Reposting as I have been unable to get further response on my prior message about this issue. 

I recently changed my wireless router and have been trying to connect my device to the new router. The issue is that when I select the access point it automatically tries to connect without giving me the option to enter the new wifi password.

Obviously without the password it's unable to connect and despite trying multiple troubleshooting steps it never provides that option. I had no issues with connecting this printer to wifi in the past and previously it allowed me to enter my wifi password so I'm not sure why it no longer does so.

A mod provided me with instructions, but it was redirecting to the wrong model. They were going to look into obtaining the specific instructions for this printer that was the last response I've received.

Any help in getting this printer reconnected would be appreciated. The printer works completely fine and was working with my prior router I don't know why I wouldn't be able to connect to the new one.

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Grweetings,

If you run the printer installation program again, it will give you the option to change/update the Wi-Fi password the printer uses to connect.  

Canon Support for PIXMA MX452 | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

Here are guided instructions from the Printer's Support portal.

shadowsports_0-1680626137110.png

Windows

:Mac

The links refer to a different model but the procedure is the same.  Re-run the installer, select the new network (SSID) and enter the new password.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you for the response Rick. Unfortunately this is what was provided to me previously and it did not work.

After going through the steps I received the error message "Failed to perform cableless setup. Suspend the process and select other method by following the instructions on the screens."

Announcements