cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA iX6820 unable to connect to macOS 14 Sonoma

twellard
Apprentice

I just bought the ix6820 cannon printer and it doesnt seem to connect to my mac ios 14 sonoma it wont give me the option to dowload the right driver. Any one had any luck getting it to wirelessly connect/download? should I go buy a cord to try and get it to connect?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I was able to get it to work. Holding the Resume/Cancel button until the Power light flashes 6 times printed my Network Configuration Page/LAN settings. The very last line on the document was my Default Password. Then, while connected to USB, I configured the wireless connection and used that password to unlock the printer, so to speak. Now it is on the network!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Please click HERE to open the support page for your printer and select software and drivers. You will want to download and install the iX6800 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver.16.80.0.0 (Mac). On that same page, you can scroll down for the wireless help option as well which will provide you with troubleshooting steps to connect the printer to your network. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This does not work.   The supposed Sonoma driver does not get recognized so there is no way to use the driver.  You can go through the installation motions but you get nowhere.  This is so lame.  

I'm dealing with an issue now. Did you ever get yours to connect?

Hello, oliverjm!

So that everyone is on the same page, you also have a PIXMA iX6820 and macOS 14 Sonoma?

If yes, have you installed the software from HERE?

Correct. I'm getting stuck trying to find the password to the printer. It's not "canon" or the serial number so I assume it's the random string but I don't know how to access that.

I was able to get it to work. Holding the Resume/Cancel button until the Power light flashes 6 times printed my Network Configuration Page/LAN settings. The very last line on the document was my Default Password. Then, while connected to USB, I configured the wireless connection and used that password to unlock the printer, so to speak. Now it is on the network!

No I didn't, but I see that you just posted a solution.  I was able to print the network page but I don't see a line named "Default Password".  And are you able to describe how you "configured the wireless connection"?

Well, I'm clearly no expert here, and even the nice associate on the support line didn't really follow what problem I was having. So the disclaimer here is that I guess everyone's problem is going to vary.
I connected my printer via USB and ran the Canon IJ Network Tool. That initial window let me select my printer there which showed it "Connected to USB."  With my printer selected, I used the "Configuration" button to confirm my network, Encryption method (WPA2) and hit "OK." That popped up a window having me confirm to send these network settings to the printer. Once I did that, it asked for the printer password mentioned above and it connected. 

A lot of other help documents showed that either "canon" or the serial number should be the password. But it appears some printers have a random character password, and I was only able to discover that by printing those LAN settings. 

Not sure why that's not working for you, unless your printer password is "canon" or the serial number? So bizarre this printer was this difficult to connect. 

Good luck with it! Such a frustrating process. I was about 5 minutes from sending it back!

Thanks Oliver.  I really appreciate your time and help.  I'll give this a go.  By any chance did you have trouble locating the driver once you had installed it?  I've done the driver install three times and all I can find is the DMG or disk image.  It's so bizarre.  And yes, this printer's connection protocol is ridiculous and the Canon help non-existent.  

Announcements