cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TS3522 Wi-Fi Works on Laptop, Not on Desktop with Windows 10

lamar
Apprentice

I loaded the software and worked for the main computer and the laptop. lost connection (offline) to the main computer. The laptop still works. Deleted software on the main computer turned computer off and back on, many times. Still offline however the laptop still works. The printer shows wi-fi and 0 on the display. I Have also restarted the router and the laptop.

Please give some fixes or inputs to solve this problem

thanks

Lamar

[Removed your email to protect your privacy]

1 REPLY 1

JayC1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Lamar! Thanks for posting in the Canon Community Forum. I see that are unable to use your PIXMA TS3522 with a desktop computer running Windows 10.

You also mention that you can print wirelessly from a different laptop computer. To start troubleshooting, I recommend that you print out the network information. To do that, please follow the instructions in the following section of the manual:

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/Manual/All/TS3300%20series/EN/NTR/ntr_n_01_04.html

If you need to find the location of the Information button, please visit the following section of the manual:

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/Manual/All/TS3300%20series/EN/UG/ug-160.html

Once the page prints please make sure that the name of your Wi-Fi signal appears to the right of SSID (line 3-2-6). If it does, please make sure that your Desktop is connected to the very same network.

I also recommend that you try accessing the printer’s Remote User Interface (U/I) from your desktop. To do that, you’ll need the printer’s IP Address (line 3-2-12 in the network information page). To open the printers Remote U/I, please follow these instructions.

1. Open a web browser on your desktop computer.
  2. Click on the address bar and enter the printer’s IP Address (numbers and dots only).
  3. Press the Enter button and wait for the browser to open the Remote U/I.

You should get a web page that shows the printer’s information (ink levels, status). If you are getting that page, I recommend that you open you’re your computer’s Devices and Printers window and create a new port for the printer.

To open the Devices and Printers window on your desktop, please follow these steps:

1. RIGHT-click on the Windows symbol (usually the left-most icon in the bar at the bottom of your screen).
  2. Click on RUN in the small menu that opens.
  3. Click on the box in the middle of the Run window and type: Control Printers
  4. Click OK.

After the Devices and Printers window opens, please do the following:

1. RIGHT-click on the icon for your TS3500 series printer.
  2. Click on PRINTER PROPERTIES in the MIDDLE of the small menu that opens. Please be sure to click on the middle option not the word Properties at the bottom.

Once the Printer Properties window opens, please follow the instructions in the following article to create a new port for the printer. You can start with step 2. In step 6, you’ll be entering the printer’s IP Address.

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART167293&viewlocale=en_US

Once have finished the steps in the above article to create a new port, you should be able to print. When the print window opens, please make sure that your Canon TS3500 series is being selected as the destination.

If you are still having trouble, I recommend that you create a My Canon Account and register the printer so you can check which support options you qualify for. Please use the following link to create or open your account:

https://myprofile.americas.canon.com/us/signin

After you create your account and register the printer, you can click on SERVICE & SUPPORT (in the left column). After that, click on the red box that says GET SERVICE & SUPPORT (on the right side of the page) to check if you can access our phone and chat options.

If you have already registered your printer, you can sign into your My Canon Account, click on SERVICE & SUPPORT on the left, and click on GET SERVICE & SUPPORT on the right to check which support options are available to you.

If you do not have phone or chat options available to you, please write back and let us know if you were able to open the printer’s Remote U/I and create a new port.

I hope this information helps. Thanks again.

Announcements