cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TS3522 Wi-Fi Issue & Error Code E36

AZPrinter
Apprentice

I've had my printer for about a year and now I'mhaving some issues. I followed the guide to get the printer connected to WIFI even though it was never removed, and I'm getting the e36 error code. I connect the printer to the Canon wifi, then connect the print app to my wifi and the code appears. Very frustrating, but any tips on how to just get this thing to print?

10 REPLIES 10

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

e36 is Easy Wireless Connect has failed.

You also mention "I connect the printer to Canon Wifi".... Does this mean you have named the wireless network in your home "Canon Wifi"? or maybe you are referring to the printer's broadcast which it cannot connect itself to.

Here's what I recommend.

Connect the printer to your wireless network. This will be a 2.4Ghz broadcast from your router. Once the printer is connected to that, any device on that network, a computer, mobile device, etc, will be able to print to it.

Visit this site:

Canon Support for PIXMA TS3522 | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

Press the Set Up tile, then expand the section on Wireless Set up. You can choose the method that applies to your situation,

Note:

The printer also supports wireless direct printing. This makes it possible to print directly to the printer from a computer or mobile device without a router or wireless network. While this is handy, its not very practical as the printer can only be used by one device at a time, which it has to be associated or connected to. This means you would have to individually connect or associate a device with the printer each and every time you want to print.

Connecting the printer to a wireless router is preferred since this allows any device to print without constantly changing connections. To connect the printer, you will need to know the SSID or broadcast name of your 2.4Ghz wireless network. You will also need the wireless password.

Once connected, you can connect your mobile device to the same network. Now the phone can print as well.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I had to register in order to reply, because the resolution given was the issue to begin with…she can’t connect to wifi. If she could connect to wifi, she would t need to re-setup her Wi-Fi in order to connect to wifi to print (whew).

I receive the same error when trying to setup cannon to print. And of course she means the direct connect wifi broadcast, and surely someone wouldn’t Rename their home wifi cannon_xxx.

The app does a great job connecting you to the printer via direct ad-hoc Wi-Fi, in order to push specified settings (SSID/ Password) to the printer. 

The issue is, the printer no longer saves these settings. My personal TS3522, just stopped working over wifi, and when I factory default and then try to setup again, the LCD screen displays and ‘E’ followed by a ‘3’ and then finally ‘6’ before repeating, which is an E36 error code I presume.

Now that it’s understood that we ‘cannot’ connect to wifi, does anyone have any resolution for the E36 error?

I just received my printer today and had this same issue in the canon app it would connect but never get past the registration part but I found a solution. 

First you must go to your network settings on your phone and search for your printer, it should be the model number or something to do with the printer, then join the network and it will ask you for a password the password is the serial number on the back of the printer. This will disconnect you from your home wifi and it will say there is no Internet connection but you won’t need it. 

Then go back to the app click on the add/switch and it will show you the register screen and then your printer should show up, click on it and then it’s connected and you should be able to print from your phone.

Wcasey2013
Apprentice

I have the same problem but I have 5g Wi-Fi 

Jmgoth
Apprentice

Unfortunately I have discovered that this may very well be a hardware failure, and the best thing to do is hardwire it to your PC. Can’t expect much in the ways of longevity from a 60 dollar printer. If you want to share it on the network, make the printer shareable. Not sure in the bonjour / AirPrint world but after sharing the printer you would look for \\computername\printer name in order to be able to print over the network. Hope it helps. 

Whatever2023
Apprentice

My ts3522 randomly stopped connecting and will not connect no matter what I do. I’ve never been so frustrated about a printer. 

TiberiusJ
Apprentice

Stupid, had to register to reply. I have same issues  Which stupid printer manufacturer is STILL using WPS in 2023?  Stupid instructions, stupid app on PC. Cant believe they supplied a stupid CD. No one uses CDs, they went out with the Ark. How difficult is "Easy Wireless" setup? Stupid app, stupid printer designed by idiots. No way to connect this to my WiFi (that doesn't have WPS). printer being returned as a waste of time and will not reasonably connect. NO ONE Should have to through this trouble to connect a STUPID printer. And I am IT systems professional, I install printers all day but never anything like this bag of bolts. Shocking design and implementation

IHATECANNON_100
Apprentice

PACK UP THE PRINTER AND RETURN FOR A REFUND.  This has got to be the worst user experience I've had in tech, and I am a techie!!!!  Canon are selling crap for cash and I don't think anything of their brand after this.

Sekhon375
Apprentice

Had this problem and solve it, Problem in wifi router not in printer. Open settings of wifi router choose security mode from WPA3 to WPA2, and rename wifi name in Lower case. And then try same steps to connect, it works for me

Announcements