cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TS3320 printer network-invisible after router replaced

gherson
Contributor

My ISP sent me a new router. I installed it.  I didn't need to touch any of my other network devices' wifi to get them working, as I retained the existing wifi network (SSID) name and password.  Everything just worked except for this printer, which is again fighting me tooth and nail as it does every time I replace routers.

Printer: PIXMA TS3320

Laptop:  Windows 10

printer and router foundprinter and router foundTS3320 connection failedTS3320 connection failed

"Connection failed", nothing more specific is shown.

Suggestions?

thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

gherson
Contributor

P.S. I guess I'm asking what the problem might be.  I'd rather not have to permanently connect the printer to the router with USB cable because I'd rather keep these devices in separate rooms.  I've already tried all the other options suggested by the installer, with similar results.

gherson
Contributor

After lots more hacking and help from Canon Support and my ISP, the solution, if it can be called that, was to go back to my old router. 

For the record, new router handshake should really be improved on the PIXMA.  Also, provide more detailed error messages than "Connection failed".

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

Good evening. I don't think you should have to go back to your old router as a solution. Your printer has a 2.4 GHz radio that supports WPA2 AES encryption.  Many newer routers Wi-Fi 6 and Wi-Fi 7 are coming with WPA3 enabled.  There's usually a setting that allows you to use WPA2 for backwards compatibility.  If the new router is dual band 2.4 and 5G, and using the same SSID name for all broadcasts, you may need to temporarily disable the 5G broadcast while you're making a connection to 2.4Ghz.  This band can then be re-enabled.  It's important to verify these settings on the new router to ensure it supports the same wireless and encryption standards of the printer.  These are the most common issues we see with wireless printers connecting to new or upgraded routers.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements