cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TR8520 can't connect to network

jcm48
Apprentice

I just switched my Internet provider to T-Mobile, and have successfully set up their 5G Gateway router. My printer is a Canon Pixma TR8520 which had no problem whatsoever connecting to my previous router...but now, no matter what I do, it won't connect. I've tried the automatic detection, manual connection, shutting down & unplugging the printer, unplugging the router, even deleting and re-installing the printer and updating all the software & drivers...but nothing. Obviously, going through the "Add Device" on the computer won't work, because it can't find the printer. Any bright ideas??

8 REPLIES 8

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Is your new TMobile gateway dual or triband, or just 5G?

The printer is only capable of connecting to a 2.4Ghz broadcast.

Wi-Fi (Wireless LAN, 2.4 GHz, IEEE 802.11b/g/n)

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

According to the T-mobile site, "Devices operating on T-Mobile's nationwide 5G network may use multi-band dual connectivity; customers with 5G-compatible devices may receive service via both T-Mobile's 4G LTE network (including during VoLTE calls) and its 5G network to support their connectivity."

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

What you are describing are the cellular capabilities of the T-Mo device 5G / 4G LTE.  Not its wireless broadcast.  

Please provide the model number of the device.  I'll try to look up its specs for you.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

jcm48
Apprentice

I presume you mean the model# of the t-Mobile Gateway. If so, it's KVD21

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

It is.  Thank you.  The device is dual band wireless 2.4Ghz/5G

Your printer can connect to the 2.4Ghz broadcast

shadowsports_1-1672187055860.png

You'll want to connect to the "TMOBILE_XXXX_2.4Ghz".  The XXX will likely be a truncated portion of the devices serial number or MAC address.  << Just providing this for informational value.  Password is below.  This is case specific (capital letters if present matter).

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Update.

Please see page 13 of your user guide:

CvUYJmmeNQwM9W6XY24h3g95.pdf (customersaas.com)

The device comes preconfigured with "combined networks".  This might cause a problem.  Some devices need a separate SSID (broadcast name) for the different networks.  You can configure this easily.  Log into the admin console 192.168.1.1 and see the page I referenced above.  

shadowsports_0-1672188206856.png

Below is an example of my router which is tri-band, so I have 3 networks.  Passwords are all the same, just the names are different.  This ensures devices I want associated with a particular broadcast connect where I want them to.

Broadcasts.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

jcm48
Apprentice

Sorry, Rick, but my gateway doesn't show an option. Here's a screenshot:

T-Mobile router.jpg

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

This was the info on the T-Mo website for the KDV21.  I guess you have a different hardware revision?  An older one maybe?  Let's hope it has dual band wireless.  

Use the printed info for username and password.  

Look for the Wireless Menu and see if it supports dual band wireless.  Use the instructions and example I provided above to configure.

If it doesn't have dual band wireless, I'd contact T-Mo and ask for a hardware upgrade.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements