cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TR4720 not connecting with Chromebook

taprenraw
Apprentice

I've been using my 4720 with my Chromebook without problems.  I just switched my internet provider, so had to re-setup the printer with the new network name and password.  That seemed to go fine, but now when I try to print I keep getting the red letters saying "Can't connect to printer".  I've tried turning on and off the printer and the laptop, but nothing seems to work.  I always seemed to have that problem with the 4520 I had, so I upgraded to this, but now I am losing hope that a Canon printer is the right choice for Chrome. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

If you were able to connect the printer to your network and the printer shows connected, you may just need to remove the printer from Chrome and then add it back on. 

Go into the settings on your Chromebook and select Advanced. From there select Printers and scan and if the printer is listed, selected it and remove the printer. 

After the printer is removed, restart your Chromebook and go back into settings to add the printer back on.

Also as a test, if you have an Android or iOS, download the free Canon Print Inkjet Selphy app and see if the printer is detected. This will help us narrow down if there is a network issue or issue with the Chromebook detecting the printer. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

If you were able to connect the printer to your network and the printer shows connected, you may just need to remove the printer from Chrome and then add it back on. 

Go into the settings on your Chromebook and select Advanced. From there select Printers and scan and if the printer is listed, selected it and remove the printer. 

After the printer is removed, restart your Chromebook and go back into settings to add the printer back on.

Also as a test, if you have an Android or iOS, download the free Canon Print Inkjet Selphy app and see if the printer is detected. This will help us narrow down if there is a network issue or issue with the Chromebook detecting the printer. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Great response, Arthur.  I should have thought to uninstall and then re-install.  Your mention of the Selphy app also got be back there and re-connected with that.  The only quirk was that when I went to add the printer back in my Chromebook it did not appear as a choice in the next dropdown after I selected Canon as mfger.  But I was able to use a more manual method after locating my IP address.  So nice to have printing capabilities back!

Afternoon Arthur:

What do I do if my Canon TR4720 is not listed on my Chromebook?

Announcements