cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TR4520 will not connect to new network

ngarrett1101
Apprentice

Hi! I recently upgraded my TMobile Home Internet router. This is a 5G network. The previous one was also 5G and I was able to get the printer to work on it. However, since installing this new router, the printer will not connect to the network. When I go through the manual setup steps on the printer, and I select the new network, it give the error message, "Failed to connect to the wireless router." We tried a couple of things, such as moving the printer close to the router, and nothing has helped. I am desperate to get this fixed as I need access to print and scan for work.

2 REPLIES 2

NCochrane
Apprentice

Same as above. More info: When trying to use manual setup, after selecting the proper network, the printer never asks for a password.  Just jumps to the error message. When using easy wi-fi setup error 3441 is displayed.

venusrising
Contributor

I actually discovered the solution with further digging. I had to download the first 10 updates on the following website:  https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/pixma-mx410.  When MX410 series MP Driver Ver. 1.02 (Windows) was installing, I connected the T-Mobile internet modem directly into the printer with a USB type C cable (I used the one from my phone charger) and the printer cable into my laptop.  

During installation, I chose the new internet, changed encryption to WPA2, entered internet password, and everything else was automatic.

Announcements